This does not update the KICK firmware, it updates the Wi-Fi stack running on the Wi-Fi module.
Make sure The KICK is running Kick_firmware_1.94 or newer available here.
Connect Kick to a computer as described here.
Now we are going to connect to an existing AP which has internet access. You will need to have the name and password for the AP on hand.
- To connect an AP with WPA2 password type set wlan phrase <password>
- Set DHCP server to client mode set ip dhcp 1
- Set wlan join mode to manual set wlan join 0
- Connect to the AP join <AP_NAME>
- Type ftp update wifly7-400.img to update the Wi-Fi module firmware.
- Type factory R to do a factory reset.
- Type reboot to reboot the Wi-Fi module
- Type exit
- Turn on Wi-Fi (Press the Connect button on the KICK). You should now be able to connect an Android phone to the RiftNet AP and communicate using the commands in the Kick Wireless Communication Protocol.
Please take note:
- Switching ON / OFF the Wi-Fi with the Wi-Fi button while communicating with it through USB could cause problems.
- If the USB serial is not recognized for the first time please try to unplug and replug the USB cable.
- If the update process tries to connect to 220.127.116.11 with no answer, issue the following commands:
set ftp address 18.104.22.168
set ftp user roving
set ftp pass Pass123