Welcome to Rift Labs – Who are we?
Rift Labs AS is a Norwegian-based LED technology company with unique hardware & software expertise. We are continuously looking for top talent to join us on our quest to conquer the spectrum of light.
We look for driven individuals who are motivated by achieving ambitious goals and who want to make an active contribution to society as a whole, identifying with our core values:
- Explore, dare to dream big, be bold and challenge yourself and the world around you.
- Inspire, allow yourself to be inspired, it will in turn inspire others.
- Grow, never be satisfied with the status quo, improve yourself through dedication and effort over time.
Since our inception we have been a technology pioneer and innovator within the photo and video industry, developing our own proprietary and patented LED lighting technology. We have a large installed base with more than 50,000 units sold to date, and our products are used and loved by photographers and video producers all over the world.
Utilizing unique and patented software, Rift Labs not only develop, but also manufacture highly innovative quality lights, having won the prestigious Lucie technical awards several times and achieving our first commercial breakthrough in 2018.
We now see a tremendous potential for growth based on the company’s core technology and expertise, and we have an ambitious growth strategy to make us a strategically driven product company. This includes strengthening the organization and Rift Labs’ position in photo and video, investing in new markets, and developing new products & services targeting the vertical farming industry as well as healthcare applications.
The position of Supply Chain Manager
As our Supply Chain Manager, your most important mission will be to ensure our continued ability to produce and deliver excellent quality products to our customers in all segments. You will be the primary go-to person for our suppliers, and you will be responsible for purchasing the right components at the optimal quality at the right time at the right price. This involves analysis, informed decision-making, negotiations, handling and resolving potential issues.
You will work closely with production and our tech team to scale and improve operations and supply chain, as well as outbound logistics and lifecycle management of products, components, and parts. You will also be involved in the development processes for new products to help ensure that they are production-friendly, especially with regard to component availability, testing procedures, quality assurance and obsolescence.
We typically work with components such as PCBs and electronics, LED panels, LCD displays, molded and machined plastic and aluminum parts, extruded aluminum, formed steel panels, glass, brass parts, bolts, nuts, etc.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Subject matter expert in areas relating to the demand and supply elements of the supply chain
- Collaborate with customers and sales colleagues to understand their needs and ensure high levels of product availability and customer service
- Ensure routines are in place to deliver a smooth inbound supply of goods to support efficient warehouse activity.
- Work in partnership with the operational teams to balance stock needs and operational space constraints
- Build relationships within the company and with external parties, such as suppliers or distributors
- Read and comprehend legal documents, such as contracts or import/export agreements
- Keep customers and colleagues up to date on SCM processes
- Assist logistics process for the development of inventory maintenance, manufacturing, shipment, and delivery, and claim returns
Your workplace will be at our headquarters in Vinterbro, approx. 20-25 minutes from Oslo city center.
What can we offer you?
As a part of the Rift Labs operations team, you will take part in managing our global supply chain. You will have an enthusiastic and supportive team around you, and you will work with other incredibly competent and talented people to take Rift Labs to the next level.
Other positives include:
- An exciting role where you will influence and take part in building up Rift Labs customer support for global growth.
- Become a part of an exciting journey.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Good opportunities for career progression and personal development.
- Award-winning products and technology that you can be proud of.
Who are we looking for?
Background: Qualified candidates have good communication skills, and preferably experience from a cross-border and multidiscipline environment. We are looking for candidates that are self-motivated and appreciate initiative and freedom of movement. As the business grows the role as Supply Chain Manager offers a possibility to grow your career in an international environment and clients.
Education and experience:
- Preferably bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in supply chain, logistics or relevant experience working with the supply chain
- Preferably 5 plus years of experience in supply chain management, operations, warehouse, manufacturing or purchasing
- Comprehensive understanding of the modern supply chain
- Ability to manage logistics of all aspects of supply chain, from product development to the shipment of finished items
- Experience within a supply chain organisation including managing: demand planning or stock forecasting management
- Excellent skills in Excel (statistics, reporting, etc.)
- Experience from ERP systems
- You have experience with supply chain in the field of electronics and component sourcing, and preferably consumer product parts sourcing.
- You should be fluent/have a good command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Bonus points if you speak other languages, especially Norwegian, Polish, Chinese or Romanian
- You must be enthusiastic about development of new products and being involved from start to finished product in-hand at the end of the production line.
- You understand that you are a key resource in a small team.
- You take responsibility for planning, implementing, and delivering on time.
- You have a pragmatic approach to problem solving, not all issues are resolved in the same way.
- You like new challenges, and you can work in teams.
- You should have a strong desire to grow and develop professionally.
We would like to make this process as smooth and easy for you as possible. Ultimately, it is our job to ensure that you get a good insight into the company as possible. You can apply via the apply button, but if you would like further information prior to applying, then please get in touch with our COO Henry Kemble-Clarkson: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us and let’s continue to build something awesome.